This 30-min online training consisting of a video, a PDF notes and an online quiz is for researchers who work with, or in close proximity to Class 2, Class 3,Class 4 light sources, such as in the light microscopes, in an optical laboratory. It aims to train the lab users to be aware of laser hazard and know how to protect themselves and other users in the optical lab. The training covers the following topics:
- Brief introduction of lasers
- Classification of lasers and laser systems
- Beam-related hazards of laser radiation on the eye and skin
- Non-beam hazards (e.g. fire hazards, chemical exposure)
- Control measures and personal protective equipment.
- Good working practice of laser safety in optical lab.
- Teacher: Jianan Huang